Monday, August 03, 2015

Featured: My Everyday makeup Routine.

Hi Readers,  
Welcome to August. Whoop Whoop!!! Its Being a minute *big smile
I've Something exicting to share with you today. Remember my post on the Versatile Blogger Awards here! where I was nominated by this guru! So the same AMAZEE-BALLS Hadedeevah shared her everyday makeup routinue with us. How Thoughtful! 
#DidIJustSayAMAZEBALLS.  Hehehehe.I must confess i did learn one or two. Wait! till you see her makeup corner in her room. Oh Oops! you cant see that. *Wicked grin.. Just talking with passion and downloading all the tips. Thanks babe. Shes also into fitness o. All YE FITFAM do check her out.
Enjoy!



 
 
Hello Guys, the makeup featured in this post are normally ones I reach out to on a daily basis especially when I'm in a hurry. There are some days when I might feel fancy and thus go for a more technical routine or add more colours, but this is rare, besides I work in a law firm, and so there's hardly any reason for me to go all out with my makeup. With this routine I achieve what beauty gurus call 'My Face but Better...' So, let's get right into it!

Nivea Men After Shave Balm (Sensitive)
 
 
This balm is the bomb! I use it as a primer and it's the best. This product has glycerin in it which keeps your makeup on all day. This balm is so inexpensive and you can get it anywhere for N1000. I found out about this from @nikkietutorials a youtube guru. she swears by this product and truly my makeup remains the same after a whole day and I hardly need to touch up.

Hegai and Esther Waterproof Eyebrow Definer 

 
 
 
This is by a Nigerian brand and is a great dupe for Anastasia Beverely's Dipbrow Pomade. It makes your eyebrow look Natural and not looking too overdone. A little goes a long way and so just gently dip your eyebrow brush into it and fill in your eyebrow then blend it with your spoolie brush. It sells for N2500.
 
 
 
Kiko Milano Concealer


I'm sure this quite explanatory, I use this to cover any spot on my face before applying BB cream or foundation.



L.A Girl Pro BB Cream
 
I prefer using BB creams rather than slapping my face with foundation everyday. I found out that applying foundation everyday is not good for my skin, it blocks my pores and  spreads bacteria thus causing breakouts and black spots. BB cream is better for me especially in a country like Nigeria where it's always hot all year round. BB cream is very sheer and allows your skin breathe while still giving your face some form of coverage. The best tool to apply this with though, is a damp beauty blender rather than a brush due to it being quite sheer. It's advisable to apply concealer first, because this cream doesn't hide any flaws. I got this at a random store for N2200.

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Gold Shimmer
 
This cream eye shadow is what I use everyday when I don't want to bother with any eye makeup. It lasts all day and is quite shimmering as the name claims. The gold gives a nice touch of colour to my face. I simply apply it over the top of my eyelid. I got this online at Konga.

Maybelline the Colossal Mascara and Kajal

I use the kajal to make a subtle winged liner and to define my lower eyelid, then I apply the mascara to my lashes. I absolutely love this mascara and would definitely repurchase it. It actually does what it claims and adds volume to my lashes. The mascara is N1200 and the kajal N800 at House of Tara stores.
 
 

Sleek Lip Liner in Rich Brown
I normally wear a nude lipstick and so this is a very important step. My lips are naturally two toned and so after applying foundation or BB cream over my lips to give it one tone, I line my lips with this to define it. I got this for N600 at Invivos store.


Inglot Lipstick in Shade 49

 I love this nude, it's the best lip colour for women of colour. I dedicated a whole blog post to it so I won't rave about it too much. I love that the formula is cremesheen and so it applies like a dream. It retails at N2650 in all Inglot stores in Nigeria.


Zaron Mattifting Compact Powder
 
 
 
This is a very important step as I have combination skin, that is, an oily t-zone. So a mattifying powder is a must to set my makeup. I use this one by Zaron and it retails for N2995. It honestly isn't my favourite and so I might not repurchase, but it works well enough.

Zaron Perfect Finish
 
 
 
I use this to set my face when I'm all done. This is a very important step as it stops your makeup from looking cakey and gives it a natural airbrush finish. This is especially needed after I go all out on my face with different products and so it helps to blend into a seamless finish. It retails for N3000 at Zaron stores nationwide.




 
 
What have you learnt? Which have you tried? Comments or Questions? We'll be glad to see your feedbacks. 
 
 
Aunty Shula! 
Cheers!





3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the beautiful introduction xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great share! Even I have some awesome collection of Branded Lipstick online at Majorbrands.

    ReplyDelete