Thursday, December 10, 2015

Recipe for Potatoes and stir-fry veggies

Hello readers!
How has life being with you? I went on a mandatory sabbatical against my wish. sorry!! *covers face*
Thank you to all who kept asking about my blog, you'll motivated me. *khizzezz*

But the good news is that am BACK!!!! (and am back for good).







If you're on my snapchat am sure you remembered me promising to put up the recipe for preparing a simple, healthy dish of potatoes and stir fry veggies.




Well, i keep most ALL of my promises. Lol!



HERE IT GOES;

Ingredients I used

3 medium-sized sweet potatoes (Locally-grown)
Shrimps (6-7 medium sized, freshly peeled and washed)
Snail (1 big size sliced, washed and seasoned with spices)
Mixed veggies (baby carrots, cauliflower, mushroom, broccoli)
Mixed pepper (Red, Green & Yellow bell pepper)
Tomatoes (3 pieces, medium-sized, sliced and washed)
Ata rodo (1 small, sliced)
Onga Seasoning
Sea salt



How I Cooked it:
- I boiled the sweet potatoes for about 15 minutes (till soft as desired).
- I added a bit of olive oil, poured the shrimps and sliced snails in it and stirred continuously till it was a bit half-fried.
-I poured in all the other ingredients stirring continuously.
-I added sea salt and onga seasoning to taste.


FOOD IS SERVED!!!! (really healthy)


I stepped it down with a glass of lime infused cup of water just about 2 or 3 slices of lime soaked in hot water. Allowed to cool then poured into a glass cup with a slice or two in it. I put it in the fridge to make it cold or you could also pop some ice cubes in it. Have it your way! I read that its a very good way of detoxifying and cleansing the body system.

Here's an extract below:

Why lemon (or lime): Lemon or lime juice helps stimulate and regulate the digestive track (which is why it’s so helpful with constipation, heartburn and gas), stimulates bile production, and thins out bile, which allows it to flow more freely. Bile is produced by the liver and ends up in the small intestine to break down lipids (fats) that we’ve consumed.
                                      image source: everyday roots.

I know what you're thinking..

other images credits: my phone
GUESS who's all healthy living, fitfam and shit right??!!..
YES! ITS STILL ME OO!
I hope you enjoyed this post?
 Tell us what you have tried, how it worked and if you totally want to try this or already did!!!

6 comments:

  1. Amazing...wish I can have a taste of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John! no worries when you're ready.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back oh. Very nice looking. You're just enjoying sha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant believe all I have missed from this blog 😢. I am also back for good! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. Hi babe! Welcome back honey

    ReplyDelete